Project SEARCH is a one-year transition program for students with disabilities who have met all academic requirements for graduation. Located at Kootenai Health, the program combines classroom instruction with school-year long unpaid internships.
During the school year, students:
- Receive classroom instruction on employability and independent living skills
- Participate in internship rotations in three departments
- Work with a job coach and mentor to learn to perform tasks independently
- Engage in Job Development activities
- Graduate with skills needed to obtain a community job
The program is a joint collaboration between: